Sunday, November 30, 2008



It's Here! Tis the Season!

I don't know about you all, but I am finding that time really does seem to go faster and faster. My mom always said that and I didn't believe her. She was, of course, right!

I have not shopped out in the stores this weekend at all. I have done some online shopping. The last few years I have done most of my shopping online. I have had great online shopping experiences so it is hard for me to understand that there are still people who are "afraid" of it. No need to fear it at any of our shops. We always ship as inexpensively as we possibly can, and we always refund any amount over what it costs us to ship!

After the terrible news of people clammoring over "deals" to the point of someone's death, I may never shop brick and mortar on this weekend again.

Today, it is rainy and cold here in Virginia. I am writing while my amazing husband makes our weekend morning treat-an amazing coffee shake with extra protein, ice cream, half and half, and two shots of his great espresso.

There are still chores to finish, but today, the sewing machine will hum. I am finishing a project for a friend, am hoping to make good progress on a quilt for my mom, and will consider the other things I'd like to make for people.

I am finding myself so incredibly grateful for the life I have. I have a healthy family-great husband, 4 wonderful sons (one is my "in-law" son), one beautiful, pregnant daughter, wonderful parents, and a business that I love.

No, things aren't perfect! but therein lies the beauty! In the imperfection. So, I will sew with no fear of perfectionism! The beauty is in the love in the stitches, not in the perfect length of them!

Happy Sewing today!

No comments:

 Ok...I'm not big on resolutions at all.  But I do love to write. I just need more hours in the day. If anyone has a secret method to cr...