Monday, September 1, 2014

My List of Quilts....

The list of Quilts I've Yet to do....


Do you have this list? Either written or just stored carefully in your mind..

Of people who have touched your life so deeply  that you know there is a quilt in there just aching to be born for them. I do...

And I need more hours in the day-for to not make these quilts will break my heart. They simply must know that each stitch represents a moment or a memory or a thought of them that has touched me. A gift they have given me that without the quilt they may never know of their offerings to my heart.

Words often fail..Actions do not.  They reveal the hearts of those around us.

I have made quilts for people who, as it turned out, only wanted the quilt-figuratively speaking of course. But you get it-the "thing" was all they needed from me. Not the "stuff" behind the "thing". And those quilts, and those people have faded away now-not of my choosing. Of theirs. But the love I sewed into those quilts lives on. It waits for no welcoming door or offer of acceptance. It just rests there with love on it.

I have a quilt on the machine right now that i am struggling with. It is nearly ready for binding. But somehow, to finish it may signal the end of something I am not ready for. At least I tell myself I am not ready.

But I am determined it will be finished before the cool weather sets in here and it will go to the person I love and it will say the words I cannot find.

And then I will begin the next one, and then the next one, and then the one after that..

For in the end-all that matters is love. In whatever form you give it.

Happy Quilting,

barb

No comments:

 Ok...I'm not big on resolutions at all.  But I do love to write. I just need more hours in the day. If anyone has a secret method to cr...