Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fabric Trends


It is nearly Summer already and I find myself contemplating the never ending search for new fabrics. I have been drawn to more and more of the contemporary fabric designs of late and was beginning to think I had really grown weary of the "traditional". I was wrong.
I began to make some curtains for my soon to arrive first granddaughter's room and I had an epiphany.
Her curtains began with a modern print and something just didn't "feel" right. So I added a more traditional little flounce at the bottom and they were perfect!
I don't think I need to take the shop in just one direction with our fabric choices. We can blend the more modern and the traditional fabrics with great success. I knew that, but had somehow forgotten.
I am so grateful I was reminded!
So mix and match and create to your hearts content. Don't get caught up in just one mode!
Happy Quilting!

No comments:

 Ok...I'm not big on resolutions at all.  But I do love to write. I just need more hours in the day. If anyone has a secret method to cr...