Sunday, August 26, 2018

Epic Failure! How many days did I skip?? Ok, well, I did go to my moms for almost a week to help with some chores, so I get a little bit of a pass.

Back at it.  I started a project this week that was born out of love too. But unlike the last one that just melted together with ease unimaginable, this one is trying me. My little Pfaff workhorse is being difficult. She'll sew any layers of a sample piece I put in with no effort, but put this quilt in and she rears up like a mad horse.

And I press on. I have ripped out, resewn, ripped out and resewn. With little progress. So I stepped away for a day or two. And it's had me pondering why some are easy and some are hard. And that thought applies to so many things. Quilts, work, relationships. Sometimes it all just falls into place and other times, even the simplest piece is fraught with angst. I have a relationship like this quilt in my world. It is one born out of love, but often so challenging. And it's  not the other person's "fault". It is my own. It is the way I approach this relationship. With expectation of ease when I know that has not been the path with this person. The parts that are "easy" are so precious, but we have this long history that has been full of love and yet,  complicated all at once. We have ripped stitches out and resewn ourselves a thousand times. And I keep expecting this resewing to be the one that holds and makes it all come together. And much like this quilt, it seems to not be the case. But I am expecting things that are likely not to be. This relationship is just as it is. Complicated, rich, maddening, sweet...If it were not for  my applying my expectations to the situation, I would be content with it as it is. You know, you be you and I'll be me sort of thing. But I keep wanting them to be like me...So unfair of me.

Makes my love so conditional just like my love for this quilt. So I will continue ripping out and resewing until the pieces come together as I know they will. And I will do so without the hope that it is today, this hour.  Rather, when the moment is right and the attempts I make to correct the issues are done with patience and love instead of demanding and frustrated.

Wishing you easy stitches in all you do,

barb

No comments:

 Ok...I'm not big on resolutions at all.  But I do love to write. I just need more hours in the day. If anyone has a secret method to cr...